Monday, November 30, 2009

Buckwheat Tabbouleh Wraps

Today I started a brand new full-time job! That's right, I finally get to pack lunches for myself!


Lunch Number One: an avocado with a tiny container of dressing, baby carrots, grapes, Fruit & Nut Bars, and four incredible lettuce wraps.

When Gluten Free Gidget shared her Buckwheat Tabbouleh Hummus Wraps on the This Is Why You're Thin! blog, I immediately thought of how lovely they would be as a healthy, gluten-free packed lunch. I followed her recipe but used only a scant 1/4 cup olive oil and less than half the salt -- it was spectacular! Very satisfying yet light and refreshing.

I topped the wraps with extra romaine to munch on.

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Whoa baby, that looks amazing! This is my first week attempting to eat vegan (my husband and I have been doing a lot of reading etc but taking the plunge has been a bit hard!), so I really really appreciate such amazing recipes!

Thank you!
Kristen
http://v-e-g-a-n-ish.blogspot.com/

The Voracious Vegan said...

DELICIOUS! How fresh and beautiful, this is what I want for lunch right now! Send some my way....? ;-)

Mariana said...

this is why youre thin hahah
i wish i had a job or a trip or anything and i could pack my lunch everyday

Grace said...

Congrats on the new job! How'd your first day go?

Unknown said...

Amazing. I love that you're packing lunches regularly again!!
Congrats on the job :)

Meredith @ The Birkett Mills said...

Looks good enough for even a non-vegan to eat!

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

Congrats on the new job! I can't wait to get a job so I can pack interesting lunches and have my co-workers ask what it is and why I eat the way I do. Now if I can just get a job...

Bianca said...

Romaine hearts make the best wraps! And congrats on the new job!!

Andrea said...

I don't think I've ever had a lunch that sounds as good as this! At least, not in recent memory.

Kristen's Raw said...

YUM!!! Sounds fantastic!

Congrats on your job! :)

Cheers,
Kristen

amandaellen.mollyalice said...

Your lunches look so yummy! I've currenly taken a pledge to eat vegan for thirty days, in hopes that it will help me make the choice to go long term. So far so good!

Nothing said...

In this post and the one after you use a tiny container for dressing...how tiny? Where did you get it? I am so tired of putting 1 oz of dressing into a 4 oz container for packed lunches.

Jennifershmoo said...

They are little soy sauce containers from a bento supply store. Do a Google search for "bento soy sauce bottles" and you will find a bunch of them. :-)